Growing a garden is not only a rewarding experience, but it can also be fun. It doesn’t matter if its a vegetable garden or a flower garden; either one is a great way to spend your time. It may take some research in order to decide what to plant and how to take care of your plants. The best idea for your garden is to plant annuals. Annuals are plants that bloom continuously, but have to be planted every year. That way if you decide to change your landscape, you don’t have to dig any plants up. Here are the top ten garden annuals.
- Although the scent isn’t very pleasant, marigolds are a bright yellow flower that repels garden insects.
- Another top flower is geraniums. This flower is bright and attracts butterflies and bees. Another trait of this flower is it is deer resistant for everyone that lives in places of high deer populations.
- Daisies come in a variety of colors and make a great arrangement for your flower vase.
- Sweet peas do not do well in heat but would bathe your doorway or walk way in a sweet fragrance.
- Impatients are very adaptable and create a carpet of color. This flower also comes in many different colors.
- The star flower plant has a great smell that you can enjoy all day and into the night too.
- Morning glories are plants that grow on vines, so make sure you give them something on which to grow. It blooms every morning with a funnel-shaped bloom.
- If you want a bit of sun, plant sunflowers. These flowers are tough and grow tall.
- A hardy, easy to grow flower is the cosmo. This flower grows in any kind of soil and resists insects.
- Another good annual to consider is the bright zinnia. This happy flower is also easy to grow, and its beautiful bouquets make any room inviting.
By planting annuals, you can have blooms all season. Then, because annuals don’t come back, you can plant a different garden next year. It might take a little bit of work, but it is all worth it. Make sure you do the research, because some plants do not grow well in some places. Also read about how each plant needs to be taken care of so they continue to grow all season. Seeing your plants grow up and bloom is an amazing experience that you will treasure.